Anon user
“ On a day to day basis, what responsibilities do you carry out as an apprentice? ”

Anon user (#208560) asked a question in topic Life at the Company
to Joshua B. Financial Crime Apprentice, Santander

on 26/01/2018
on 26/01/2018
Regional Manager Financial Planning, Santander

Thank you for your question. Which apprentice role are you referring to? Did you mean the Financial Planning Manager Trainee role.

Anon user
on 26/01/2018
Anon user (#208560)

Financial crime apprentices. Sorry, I should have specified.

on 26/01/2018
Financial Crime Apprentice, Santander

Hello, the first two months of the programme consist of the induction period. During this time you will meet the rest of your team, form friendships, carry out team building exercises, learn about the bank and its strategies and begin to learn about financial crime. This time is incredibly useful, joining a big corporate world can be daunting, the induction ensures that you feel comfortable with the bank and the people you will be working with. It really makes you feel part of the business before you start your real work which I think was really beneficial. After the induction your work streams will begin, you will rotate around all the different aspects of the financial crime department which is very vast and exciting. On top of this you will be allocated a minimum of 20% for study towards the qualifications, this study time is flexible and you are free to structure it how you please. There are also regular reflection documents to complete and 1-2-1 actions to embark on which aims to develop you as an individual. This job is different everyday which is why I love it. I hope this answer was useful, if there is anything you'd like to know more about just ask! Have a good day.

Add to this thread

Santander has more than 820 branches (which includes 61 university branches), 65 regional Corporate Business centres across the UK and employs over 25,000 people throughout the UK.

At Santander we truly believe that the quickest and best way to move up the career ladder is to stay with us and develop your experience. We recognise that talented people want to progress and we're keen to retain your skills and expertise, so achieve your best and we'll achieve ours!

Visit website